Protector of the Caucasian Tur
A story from Lagodekhi, Georgia
WATCH FILM “Like an animal” / Ცხოველივით HERE:
The story of “Like an animal”
“Like an animal” (or Ცხოველივით) is the story of Georgian conservationist, Nika Kerdikoshvili, who works to protect the Caucasian Tur in Lagodekhi National Park, in the Kakheti region of Georgia.
The Tur is a wild goat species living in the Caucasian Mountains, whose numbers have suffered greatly in recent decades to poaching.
Nika, who grew up as a hunter, had some dramatic experiences with wildlife in his youth which altered his path.
He went on to trade his rifle for a camera, and uses his mastery of tracking and bushcraft to do crucial conservation work.
- GEORGIA TODAY – “Like an Animal” – Saxon Bosworth’s New Film Reveals the Work of a Georgian Conservationist and the Life of the Caucasian Tur
- AGENDA.GE – Georgian conservationist in lens of director Saxon Bosworth’s new documentary
- CENN – Like an Animal – Story of Georgian Conservationist
The meaning of Ცხოველივით:
The Georgian word, Ცხოველივით, translates to “Like an animal”, the film title being a quote from interview with Nika Kerdikoshvili, who used the words when describing how he feels when in Lagodekhi National Park.
Profits from shirts:
- 50% will fund Saxon’s future research & film.
- 50% will support Nika’s conservation work, helping him to better protect the Caucasian Tur.
Our Ცხოველივით shirts are now available!
Drop your details and we can discuss your order.
Thank you to our friends, Opticron, for supporting “Like an animal”.
Opticron have kindly offered to give one pair of their Explorer WA ED-R 10×32 to a viewer of this film.